Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Chris & I Go Shopping For Maternity Clothes


Monday December 23, 1991

Up at 7:45 feeling good, except for all my joints and muscles aching. That gets better after awhile. We have another big breakfast, a sausage souffle I made last night.

I cut Chris' hair and leave at 11:45 to get my nails done. When I return Chris and I go shopping for maternity clothes for her. She has nothing to wear. We get lucky. K-Mart has lots to choose from and she buys 5 outfits.

We have a great steak dinner and go square dancing.

Frank and Ric went to the valley today for a part to repair my oven. Frank took Justin shopping and bought him another car as his was malfunctioning. Justin is happy.

I think Mom would have liked to be a cosmetologist. She loved to cut my hair, style my hair, perm my hair from the time I was a toddler. Frank got the same services from Mom.

It's no wonder I had no maternity clothes. First of all I didn't need any clothes to lie in bed all day with 24 hour "morning" sickness. Secondly, I was not able to get out of the house to go shopping due to being in bed. I am amazed that I was able to drive down to Los Angeles for Christmas because my memories of this pregnancy were having to pull off the side of the road to throw up frequently whenever I got in the car. Studies show that mental health is closely related to physical health, so I guess being able to spend time with my mom and celebrate Christmas with my family lifted my mental health so that my physical health improved. Being able to go shopping with Mom was fun. I think those 5 outfits lasted me most of my pregnancy. The photo above is from my baby shower in June 1992. That outfit was my favorite, and so comfortable. I looked like a house at 8 m
onths pregnant! On the left is my dad Bob Lucky and on the right is my sister-in-law Maria.

No comments:

Post a Comment