Sunday, August 14, 2011

IV Fluids


Saturday November 30, 1991

I sleep from 3:30 am to about 9 am off and on. I have the IV in my right wrist so writing is a little awkward. I will be on the IV for 2 days to take care of my dehydration and low potassium and salt. I will take nothing by mouth except a Lomotil every 6 hours for diarrhea. I don't even get water except to swallow the pill.

I feel so much better today, no diarrhea, no dizziness, no nausea. I feel like going home. If only I could take the IV home.

I knew immediately I would not like my roommate. She's so mean and rude. She never says please or thank you to anyone. Her daughter is so sweet. So's her husband. My roommate is about 75 and says she has one lung and is here to die. She got very mad when her daughter got friendly with me. Later around 4 pm I had 2 15-minute phone calls and she complained I'd been talking all day and all night. She hates TV and hates me to watch it too.

Yikes, the roommate from hell! No wonder mom wanted to take the IV home.

No comments:

Post a Comment