Monday, August 15, 2011

I'm Ready To Go Home


Tuesday December 3, 1991

Bad night! Evelyn and I both made several trips to the bathroom. Lots of visits from the nurse. By 5 a.m. I give up. They are here to weigh me at 6 and then take my blood. I have now lost 18 pounds. I feel alot thinner in my nightgown. I guess my slacks will really feel different.

I'm ready to go home! I can't stand this place another 24 hours. Dr. Russack doesn't want me to go home yet. The dietician agrees with him. He does agree to disconnect the IV. They bring me some liquids at 10 a.m, 12:30 and 6:00.

I have showered and washed my hair by 7:30 a.m. Sure feels good. I'm very restless. Up and down and alot of walking. About 3:30 I get a new roommate, a 40-year-old black.

I wait all day for Dr. Bix. The nurse calls her twice for me. Dr. Russack comes again at 5 p.m. He calls Dr. Bix twice. She's too busy to come see me. I offer to go to her office. I'm very upset about not seeing her.

Larry, Bernice and Frank come. No diarrhea all day. I feel full of energy. I go home about 7 p.m.

Thank goodness after waiting all day Mom finally got to go home. I wonder if Dr. Bix finally showed up? I know how she hated hospitals and for her to admit herself meant she was really desperate. But once she is feeling better, she is determined to get out of there.

No comments:

Post a Comment