Monday, August 22, 2011

The Old Night Sweat Return


Friday December 13, 1991

Didn't sleep well. The old night sweats returned. Frank had the electric blanket cranked up and I was sweating with just a sheet.

Up at 7:00 to be ready to go to breakfast with Phillip at 8:45. He arrived at 9 a.m. so we went to Country Folks and had a great breakfast. Phil asked us to go shopping with him. He needed some clothes badly. So we did. With our help and encouragement he bought 2 pair of jeans and 6 shirts. He left very happy at 2:30. Afraid of what Deb would say, he left everything here except one outfit.

I made artichoke squares and we dressed and went to the club Christmas party. There was a good turn-out and we had a very nice time. We partied from 7:30-11p.m.

I ate too many different things and felt ill most of the night. I guess I'll never learn.

Two nights ago I had the same problem. I had a large bowl of clam chowder at 9:00 at night, having been too busy running around doing errands to eat dinner until then. At 10:30 I went to bed. 3 hours later I was awake with indigestion, burping up clam chowder. I took a Prilosec and was able to go back to sleep 1/2 hour later. Boy does that stuff work like nothing else!

What!!?? Does Philip's wife not see the bills? Perhaps he paid cash for his clothes. I check out the website for our two credit cards everyday to see what damage my husband has done today. He is a shopaholic like Mom, althought most of his purchases are made on Craigslist or at thrift stores, thank goodness. It's also a good idea to check on-line regularly to see if anyone has stolen your identity and been charging things without your knowledge. If you wait until the statement comes in the mail weeks later, alot of damage could already have been done. My bank, which is Wells Fargo, called me a few months ago to ask me if I had made some purchases on my debit card. They could see that I only use my debit card at the ATM machine, never to make purchases. I'm so glad they called immediately, because I had not made the 3 purchases. The bank immediately cancelled the card and issued a new one with a new account number to me. They did not hold me responsible for a single purchase. Good service!


No comments:

Post a Comment