Sunday, August 14, 2011

I Just Let the Phone Ring


Monday November 25, 1991

I'm so sick--nausea and diarrhea. I have had no luck with Imodium AD. Nothing I eat will stay with me. Within 1 hour what I eat has gone through as water. I call Oncology. They tell me to come in tomorrow at 9:30 for a 4-hour intravenous and blood tests. I feel awful. Can't eat. I've lost 7 pounds in 7 days.

Frank goes out to dinner with Marty, Kathy, Robbie & Dolores. I ask not to see anyone. Then they all go square dancing and Frank comes home. I go to bed early and sleep well. I don't even feel well enough to talk on the phone today. I just let it ring.

Wow, de ja vu! Isn't that what I just said on yesterday's post? I felt too awful to talk on the phone. Now Mom has the same problem. In 1991 she probably had an answering machine, but definitely did not have Caller ID, a convenience we enjoy today to see who is calling. She must have insisted that Frank go square dancing. He probably didn't want to leave her.

No comments:

Post a Comment