Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Mom's Horoscope is Tucked in Today's Entry


Wednesday December 4, 1991

I wake early from my recent hospital schedule. I weigh myself. I have only lost 12 pounds. I am still full of energy. I eat soft foods. I have 2 loose stools in 24 hours. Not bad. I'm finally almost well. I take 2 more Lomitil.

In the afternoon we go to the movies to see "For The Boys" with Bette Midler. It's really good.

At home we eat turkey, dressing, gravy, and green beans for dinner. All is well--very well.

Tucked in Mom's journal at today's entry is a newspaper clipping. On one side is the movie schedule for Agoura Hills Cinema showing the movie "For the Boys" (rated R) starts at 4:00, 7:05 and 10:15. On the other side is her horoscope for December 4, 1991. She must have thought it was significant because it is the first time I have found anything tucked in her journal. Under GEMINI it says: "Remain calm and observant today. Although you are raring to go, it may be smarter to take things at a smail's pace. See how the land lies before making significant moves." Sound advice for a woman who can't stand to slow down. Mom's birthday is May 26, 1934.

Mom finally got her Thanksgiving dinner, a week late. Better late than never!


No comments:

Post a Comment