Sunday, January 22, 2012

Grand Cayman Island on Chris' Birthday


Thursday April 9, 1992

Chris' birthday! We are in Grand Cayman Island today so I call her to wish her Happy Birthday. She's very surprised!

Frank and I decide to skip the few tours offered and instead spend a few hours shopping. We buy perfume and tableclothes at great prices. Bob and Anita have gone on a van tour to the turtle farm. We spend time in our bathing suits at the pool and get quite a bit of color. I'm feeling full of energy today. Maybe my new iron pills are starting to work.

We stay up for the grand buffet at midnight. We go dancing and fall in bed about 1:30 a.m. Dinner is duck and fish. Show is lead singer from Jefferson Starship and Airplane, Marty Balin. We really enjoy that.

Trouble sleeping--too full--take pill.

This is the era before cellphones, so Mom must have gone through some trouble and expense to call me on my birthday. So thoughtful! With all that activity and excitement until the wee hours of the morning I would have a hard time winding down too. Xanax works for me every time. I wonder how she'll be feeling in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment