Friday, January 6, 2012

Potluck


Saturday March 21, 1992

Slept much better last night til 8 a.m. By 10 a.m. I have joined everyone outside at the picnic tables. That's always fun. I did alot of perspiring after my shower. Seemed like 1/2 hour cool down. We all walked and shopped some more, had leisurely lunch and by 2:30 we were dancing Plus level. We had great fun dancing with experienced dancers. At 4:30 we were getting ready for the potluck dinner. Harold brought a birthday cake for Joan. Our 5:30 potluck was great! No rain! Thank you God! Good food!

Back dancing by 8 p.m. til 10 p.m. Then to Harold's trailer for after-party birthday cake.

I wonder if Mom is talking about Joan Larson, our neighbor across the street from the Lemona house where I grew up, and her husband Hal. I suppose Hal could be short for Harold, but I did not know that they went square dancing. Joan Larson is the friend who found out March 12, 9 days earlier, that her cancer had returned.

Sounds like Mom better bring a fan next time they go camping in their fifth wheel!

No comments:

Post a Comment