Sunday, January 15, 2012

We Leave For Our Trip


Tuesday March 31, 1992

We're up and off to Kaiser for my chemo appointment at 10:30 a.m. I don't think they'll give it to me because my white blood count is so low. I Ask Dr. Swartz to give me a thyroid blood test. That could be causing my heating up. I'm right, 2.5 blood count is too low for chemo. I'm glad. I think I'll enjoy our trip more. I'm feeling alot better from my cold and flu.

We go right home and begin to pack for our trip. It takes most of the day. Gary calls and we meet him at his new house in Simi for a walk-through. He'll move in in a week or so. From there we leave for our trip to catch the fly-away bus in Van Nuys. We stop to see Marty and Kathy for an hour. Our plane is late taking off because they had to change planes at the last minute.

Wow, I wonder how her body managed to beat back a cold with such a low white blood cell count? Glad she's feeling better for her trip, but taking the "red eye" flight is only going to weaken her immune system. If she's anything like me, she won't be able to sleep on the plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment