Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Miami Trolley Tour


Sunday April 12, 1992

Alarm goes off at 6:45. We must be out of this room by 8:30 a.m. We are the first to leave the ship because we are taking the Miami Trolley Tour. Customs is a joke. We walk right through. It's raining on the tour but warm. It lasts about 90 minutes. I'm so sleepy trying to stay awake I don't hear or enoy all the information. They drop us at the airport where we have a 2-hour 20 minute wait. Once on the plane, I go right to sleep for 1/2 hour. After that I feel great! Five hours later we say goodbye to McKees. We stop at Gary's new house in Simi on the way home. They moved yesterday and have all the important things in place. They had lots of people and trucks help them move so it went quickly.

At home we unload but don't unpack. We check the mail, etc and go to bed at 1 a.m. Miami time. Not tired at all. It's so good to be home!

Even though Mom and Frank seemed to enjoy the beginning of their trip to the Florida Keys, it seems like she was exhausted for most of the trip and just anxious to get home. I think she was suffering from jet lag, and this was compounded by taking Meclizine for seasickness, which also causes fatigue. Knowing that I suffer from jet lag when travelling from west to east I would have to plan ahead and arrive early if I were to ever go on a Caribbean cruise. From Mom's description of the cruise, it doesn't sound that appealing anyway. I think if we do take a cruise someday, it will probably be to Alaska, and only to see Glacier Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment