Saturday, January 28, 2012

Tayler Rae's First Birthday Party


Frank leaves at 8 a.m. to pick up his folks and meet me at Gary's old house in Mission Hills at 10 a.m. to arrive at Paul and Judy's at 11 a.m. for Tayler Rae's first birthday party. I have a hard time getting ready as I'm nauseous this morning. I have to keep lying down. I'm afraid I should call Frank's folks house to say I'm too sick to go. But I hate to upset everyone there by not showing up. I keep trying and finally about 9:45 I'm fine. I took a nausea pill.

We have a lovely time with all the family. Tayler is perfect! We stop in Mission Hills for dinner with Mom and Dad, then we drive them home. On our way home I must stop to see Joan Larson. It's 8 p.m. but I must. They (she especially) are so glad to see us. Her cancer (liver) surgery is next Tuesday. I pray for her daily.

OK, so obviously Tayler is not one-year old in this photo, but it's the only photograph I could find of her. It looks like she is 7 or 8 here in this photo with her parents Paul (Frank's youngest son) and Judy and her younger brother Nick.

Mom was a great source of support for Joan Larson as they battled their cancers together. Joan lived across the street from our family when we lived in the Lemona house from 1954-1974 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment